Missing out on the benefits that come with quilting cabinets is something that no quilter can afford. From convenience to a better quilting experience, these quilting cabinets for storage come with a basket full of benefits.
Are you an expert or novice who still use your kitchen table for quilting? If yes, that could explain a lot including why you have some unfinished projects or hardly practices this beautiful art anymore. That could become a thing of the past if only you chose to buy quilting cabinets.
If you are wondering why they are a recommendation, keep reading. Below is a detailed discussion of quilting cabinets for storage that will not only leave you informed but also help you make a wise buying decision when settling for a quilting cabinet. Check it out!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT QUILTING CABINETS – BUYING GUIDE & REVIEWS
Table of Contents
- 1 EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT QUILTING CABINETS – BUYING GUIDE & REVIEWS
- 2 What is a Quilting Cabinet?
- 3 Various Types of Quilting Cabinets
- 4 8 Reasons – Why Quilters Should Invest in Quilting Cabinets?
- 5 Quilting Cabinets Buying Guide – 9 Factors to Consider when Settling for a Quilting Cabinet for Storage
- 6 Reviews of the Best Quilting Cabinets for Storage
- 6.1 1. Arrow Norma Jean Sewing Machine Storage Cabinet, Cherry by Arrow Sewing Cabinets
- 6.2 2. Kangaroo Kabinets Wallaby II Sewing Cabinet-Teak by Kangaroo Kabinets
- 6.3 3. Kangaroo Kabinets K8811 Kangaroo and Joey, Sewing Cabinent and Three Drawer Storage Unit, Ash White by Kangaroo Kabinets
- 6.4 4. Fashion Sewing Cabinets Model 8300 Quilter’s Cloud 9 Premium 4 Drawer Cabinet in white by Fashion Sewing Cabinets
- 6.5 5. Auntie Black Laminate Airlift Sewing Cabinet by Arrow Sewing Cabinets
- 6.6 6. Sullivans Quilter’s Table by Sullivans
- 6.7 7. Sewing / Craft Center – Folding Table by Sauder
- 6.8 8. Sauder Select Sewing Craft Cart Cinnamon Cherry Finish by Sauder
- 6.9 9. Sauder Sewing Craft Cart in Soft White by Sauder
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Quilting Cabinets
- 8 Final Words
What is a Quilting Cabinet?
There are quite some similarities when comparing the quilting cabinets and the ones that we use on a daily basis. Therefore, if you have set your eyes on one before, you will be surprised to realize that they are much alike. However, that does not make its importance any less. This one will be set aside for quilting. That means you have a dedicated area of work when it comes to crafting.
Equally important, they have drawers as well as shelves that offer ample space for storage. For instance, they are big enough to accommodate a full quilting kit at a go. Consequently, it becomes easy to access various quilting tools. You also do it fast which could save you a lot of time.
In addition to that, one is also in a position to organize all the accessories, notions and supplies. Therefore, the furniture is as the name suggests. It is simply a cabinet set aside for quilting purposes only. It also offers a storage location of your quilting machine when not in use. That way, dust and exposure to other dangers are avoided.
One can’t overstress how that can be of great help. Later on, we will discuss the various reasons as to why you shouldn’t hesitate to invest in quilting cabinets for storage and much more.
Various Types of Quilting Cabinets
Based on multiple possible scenarios, manufacturers have designed quilting cabinets in such a way that they fit perfectly regardless of the different environments. That is why there are different quilting cabinets design to match the different circumstances. Let us take a look.
Foldable Quilting Cabinets
There are high chances that you will need more storage space tomorrow than the one you need today. That doesn’t mean that you must buy a small cabinet only to replace it after some time once a need arises. Instead of settling for a small one, it would be wise to buy a foldable quilting cabinet for storage instead. Depending on what suits you best, you can go for one with foldable legs or extendable and retractable width. Consequently, it doesn’t have to occupy space unnecessarily.
Adjustable Quilting Cabinets
This has become a necessity due to the variation that comes with the heights of different people. That means it would be hard to satisfy all the buyers when the height is not adjustable. Fortunately, some designers have gotten out of their way to see to it that comfort is a guarantee. They achieve that by making quilting cabinets that are adjustable. Under such conditions, it becomes easy for one to set his or hers according to height preference. Due to that straining and discomfort do not come in your way. Otherwise, quilting could turn into a nightmare especially if you have to work for long hours.
Portable Quilting Cabinets
Nomadic quilters can also purchase quilting cabinets for storage without worrying about what the future holds. The best option that they can go for is this one, a portable quilting cabinet. There are several approaches that various artisans have used to achieve the same. Some have chosen to reduce the size while others have made theirs as lightweight as portable. Regardless of the technique, they serve the purpose excellently.
Collapsible Quilting Cabinets
Last but not least, we have the collapsible type. Before digging deeper into this category, here is a fair warning. The price tag can scare you off. However, don’t let it stop you from taking such a piece home. The features make it worth every penny that you spend on it. Can you imagine having something that you only worry about the space it will occupy when you need to use it? It means that space will not be a problem as far as it is concerned.
It is easy to collapse it as it is easy to assemble it as well. Imagine assembling something within seconds for use and disassembling it as soon as you are done for convenient storage. That sounds like a jackpot. The good thing is that it could be yours if you purchase collapsible quilting cabinets. If your concern is the storage and not the working area, this may be tricky. Nevertheless, their unique designs and ample space are enough to persuade you to settle for them.
8 Reasons – Why Quilters Should Invest in Quilting Cabinets?
As mentioned earlier, quilting cabinets for storage have quite a lot of benefits. They are the reasons as to why you should grab yours as soon as possible. Read on to understand why the quilting cabinets are the way to go.
It offers you a dedicated workplace
Many times when things get lost while moving from one place to another. If you are working from here today and there tomorrow, chances of losing a lot of the quilting tools are relatively high. The worst part is how small some accessories can be which makes it even hard to spot it even if it falls. However, the chances may be low if you have a quilting cabinet set aside for quilting only. It also makes it easy to know where to start is anything gets lost. That is only one benefit of having a specific workplace. The next one is that you can start to sew as soon as you feel like it. It could be hard if you use the dining table and someone wants to set it in an hour or two. Clearly, that distraction and inconvenience are avoidable if one buys quilting cabinets.
It keeps the quilting machine safe
The safety that quilting cabinets offer your quilting machine is top-notch. First, it fits the quilting machine perfectly. Therefore, there are low chances of falling off in case someone knocks the cabinet off. There are others with enough space to store the device after use. In return, you don’t expose it to dust or other dangers. That is incredible since dust can destroy machines especially their moving parts.
Comfort when quilting becomes the order of the day
Since its top part holds the quilting machine perfectly, it doesn’t keep moving uncontrollably when the quilter is operating it. For that reason, it becomes easy as well as comfortable to sew even for long hours. The other aspect of comfort is achieved when one is using adjustable quilting cabinets for storage. Thanks to their design, one can adjust the height so that it feels as comfortable as possible.
They offer ample storage space
The fact that they have shelves as well as drawers ensure that you have enough space for the storage of supplies as well as quilting tools. That way, you don’t have to worry about where to put what and you can afford to store even a complete quilting tool kit.
Your things and kids remain safe
The drawers of the quilting cabinets for storage often come with locks. Therefore, you can lock them before leaving the room. Once you do that, kids will not be able to access the tools and other items. In return, there will be low chances of misplacing them after your child takes them. Equally important, the children cannot hurt themselves with the likes of scissors and needles among others.
With the help of the several compartments in the form of shelves, the organization becomes easy to achieve. Under such circumstances, you also avoid hurting yourself since you know where the sharp objects are. In addition to that, accessing things also become easy.
Given where the machine will be and the place where one will be storing the supplies and tools, it becomes ready to access something on demand.
Most of them are versatile
That would mean that if you are not quilting, you are doing another one on your other hobby on the quilting cabinet. It can range from painting to scrapbooking among other crafting activities.
Quilting Cabinets Buying Guide – 9 Factors to Consider when Settling for a Quilting Cabinet for Storage
As much as quilting cabinets are excellent, making the wrong choice can do more harm than good. You get to spend much time and money for no good reason. That is why you have to be wise when selecting one. Some are not worth. In addition to that, there are many options available in the market. The following factors can help you avoid making a bad decision. You will also break ties when faced by a dilemma and end up with the product that suits your needs best.
Given the operation of the quilting machines, it is advisable to go for a quilting cabinet that is stable. That will see to it that it doesn’t shake despite the machine operating at high speed.
Basically, its surface area should accommodate your quilting machine. However, that is not where it stops. You may also need space for cutting, ironing, basting as well as pinning. Therefore, think about what you intend to do when settling for one. Nevertheless, don’t forget to consider the space available in your house.
It is good to pay for something that will last for a long time. It is the only way to get the value for your money. Additionally, it saves you the agony of replacing it now and then.
The number, as well as the size of the shelves and drawer, will determine the amount of space. Depending on what you need, consider the storage space of the quilting cabinets before buying one.
It makes the height adjustable.
Given the various types discussed above, you can weigh what suits you best.
They add working area if a need arises and prevents fabric from falling on the other side.
No matter how tight your budget is, make sure that you don’t compromise on quality.
Ensure that what you buy can accommodate the weight of your quilting machine.
Reviews of the Best Quilting Cabinets for Storage
Due to the myriad options available in the market as far as quilting cabinets for storage are concerned, selecting one can be a daunting task. Fortunately, the factors to consider when purchasing one discussed above can be of great help. Equally important, we have also reviewed the top best quilting cabinets that you should look before settling for a quilting cabinet. Take a look.
These quilting cabinets are worth spending on given the set of incredible features that make it an alluring product. They are strong enough to accommodate large as well as heavy quilting machines. To be precise, they have a carrying capacity of up to 50 pounds. The contemporary style, as well as the white top finish, ensures that it matches with any décor. In addition to that, it adds beauty to any room.
The hardware material is steel while that of the top is wood. As a result of that, you get furniture that is not only durable but also stable. It is also good to note that it is foldable for easy transport as well as storage. The open and close dimensions are 81.5 x 20 x 30.5 inches and 41.25 x 20 x 31.25 inches, respectively.
Its airlift feature requires you to simply push it to either raise or lower your quilting machine. It is big enough to accommodate a machine measuring 12 by 22.5 by 13.12 inches. The knee hole is 26 inches wide.
- It is easy to shift since it is lightweight product. The weight is 103 lbs only.
- It has a high weight capacity for large and heavy quilting machines
- Since it is foldable, storage and transport is usually a piece of cake.
- It has the airlift feature
- The storage space, as well as a surface area, are ample.
- Despite being lightweight, it is also stable.
- You might spend quite some time when it comes to assembling.
When it comes to comfort during quilting, these cabinets will help a great deal. One of the contributing features is the airlift mechanism. It ensures that you can adjust the height. The three possible height positions provide that you are comfortable hence increases productivity. The cabinet is big enough to house a felting machine, serger or an extra quilting machine. It also has a quilt leaf. The material is melamine for durability. On the other hand, white or teak colors make them pretty, and they can match any décor.
- It is comfortable thanks to the adjustable height that the airlift facilitates
- The airlift moves effortlessly
- Thanks to the quilt leaf, you get an extra working area if a need arises
- The above also prevents large pieces of clothes from falling off
- You can also order a custom machine insert
- Its storage space is a lot too. It has three shelves with a door tray, big drawer and 33 spool holders.
- It may take up to 6 hours to assemble the cabinets.
3. Kangaroo Kabinets K8811 Kangaroo and Joey, Sewing Cabinent and Three Drawer Storage Unit, Ash White
by Kangaroo Kabinets
Thanks to the three-position airlift, these are quilting cabinets that can do accommodate almost everyone regardless of the height. It is also foldable. When open, it measures 55 x 40.5 x 39.5 inches. This is usually when the quilt leaf is out. That changes to about 55 x 21 x 29.5 inches. It has a quilt leaf extension as well. Its dimensions are 25.75 x 16.5 x 25 inches. Equally important, they can accommodate quilting machines of up to 22.125 x 11.125 x 13.875 inches.
They also have about five drawers to provide you with all the storage space that you may need. Regardless of your interest, from embroidering to quilting to quilting, these quilting cabinets remain a great option.
- It doesn’t occupy much space, but you can rest assured that its surface area will be enough for quilting.
- The storage space is also a lot.
- It is foldable.
- Its lift works smoothly and has up to three adjustable positions
- The quilt leaf helps when more space is needed. It also prevents fabric from falling off the other side of the cabinet.
- It can work even with the latest quilting machines.
- The assembly instructions should be more precise than they are, but there is a video as well.
- It can also take quite some time to assemble these quilting cabinets for storage.
4. Fashion Sewing Cabinets Model 8300 Quilter’s Cloud 9 Premium 4 Drawer Cabinet in white
by Fashion Sewing Cabinets
These are yet other quilting cabinets designed with quilters in mind. Thanks to its large drawers, one has ample space when it comes to storage. Its electric lift makes it adjustable as well. That contributes to its comfort even when one has to sew for long hours.
The top, as well as the edges, are round and smooth. Therefore, your fabric moves easily. When working, you do it without too much pull or straining. Its drawers have glides for easy opening and closing. Its dimensions are 59.25 by 49.5 by 30.5 inches. It also has an opening that can accommodate a machine of dimensions 27 x 11.75 x 12.5 inches.
You are at liberty to choose from an array of colors. The design makes it visually appealing. The weight is about 266 pounds. Due to the wise choice of material, this piece is also durable and stable.
- It has a storage area for your quilting machine for safety and special care.
- It also has up to four additional large drawers for more storage.
- Its smooth corners make it easy to control your fabric as preferred.
- Its lift is electric.
- It also has a bi-fold door that also has jamb protection.
- The surface area is also big.
- It requires some assembling
- The castors also come uninstalled
- Pretty expensive.
If you want a lot of storage space and surface area without having to occupy much space, these quilting cabinets are a sure bet. Despite your quilting machine, there are high chances it will fit because of the universal insert. The traditional style and the blacktop finish makes it stylish and beautiful. The blend of high-quality materials, manufactured wood, and steel make the piece robust and stable. Its weight is 103 lbs but can hold up to 35 pounds.
You can adjust it for flatbed, free-arm or storage thanks to the airlift characteristic. It has four drawers as well as two foldable leaves. They can host machines measuring up to 13.13 x 18.88 x 12.56 inches. Its measurements are 31.5 x 63.75 x 19.75 inches.
- It has enough storage space thanks to all its drawers.
- You can adjust the working space with the foldable leaves.
- It is visually appealing.
- It is also durable.
- The airlift mechanism is also hard to go unnoticed.
- It can accommodate most quilting machines
- You can also order a customized insert.
- It requires assembly
- The written instructions for assembly it, are also unclear. However, the good news is there’s YouTube video on how to install it which can walk you through.
Sullivans is also another brand that is not behind in ensuring that customers get the best quilting cabinets for storage. Its gridded surface area makes it stand out. The melamine table is not only durable but also foldable. The open and close dimensions are 47 x 35.5 x 29.75 inches and 47 x 16.5 x 29.75 inches, respectively.
Its roll-out serger storage shelf adds space for the things you would like to store. The locking casters are also top-notch. That way, opening, and closing are easy, and you don’t have to keep replacing them. The weight is 86 pounds only.
- It is ideal for small spaces yet has enough surface area for cutting as well as placing quilting tools that you may need to grab now and then.
- The storage space is also ample since it has several drawers.
- It is foldable for easy storage without having to occupy too much space.
- The sturdy locking casters are also another plus.
- The price is also reasonable given what you get in return.
- Assembling instructions are not clear
- In addition to that, the process of assembling turned out hard.
If you are tired of your quilting table or cabinet wobbling every time you start operating on the machine, these are the perfect quilting cabinets for the replacement. Dimensions are 40 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches. On the other side, the weight is only 90 pounds. It is foldable as well. The beauty is also undeniable. It has two drawers with up to 3 shelves each. There is also a compartment for the sewing machine.
- It has several compartments which promote the organization
- The compactness and foldability ensures that it occupies small space
- The surface area is ample
- Its storage is good enough
- It also comes with two bins
- Assembling is fast and effortless
- A better color option may be highly appreciated by many
- It does not favor people with small space
Imagine how it would feel to get something good without having to break the bank? That is something that you can make a reality by settling for these quilting cabinets for storage. They have three small yet further adjustable shelves. It also has a drop leaf for the additional working area if it becomes necessary. The material of the top is melamine. That makes is visually appealing, stain-resistant, scratch-resistant and heat-resistant too. Its Cinnamon cherry finish ensures that it matches with all decors. Dimensions are 41 x 19.45 x 28.5 inches.
- It is compact hence occupies relatively small space
- It has ample storage space
- The shelves are adjustable
- It comes with two storage bins as well
- The shelves are easy to open and close
- The cam locks may need a replacement after a while
- It may not be the perfect size for a professional quilter.
These are unique quilting cabinets that have several finishes. For that reason, the furniture looks nice and is also durable. The high-quality wood structure also makes it stable. The cabinet has two adjustable shelves that offer the user ample storage space. Upon assembling it entirely, the piece measures 40.1 x 28.5 x 19.4 inches. Its weight is 80 pounds only. The material of the surface area is melamine for beauty as well as durability.
- It is durable hence worth spending on
- It also has a drop leaf
- The cabinet comes with two storage bins.
- Its storage space is ideal
- The beauty is also indisputable
- Some users have found the assembly tricky
- It is not easily portable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Quilting Cabinets
Q: Will the quilting cabinet perfectly accommodate my machine?
A: The answer is that it is hard to know for sure. That’s because quilting cabinets come in different sizes. Therefore, the only way to be safe is to understand the specification of the furniture. Ensure that the measurements of its storage cabinet and opening can fit the dimensions of your machine.
Q: Do the quilting cabinets for storage come assembled?
A: Most manufacturers sell their quilting cabinets for storage unassembled. However, that should not worry you. They always include all the necessary accessories and parts. Equally important, they ensure that no tools or expertise is needed. In case you are stuck, there is always a manual in writing or as a form of a video to help you. In most case, the exercise is usually effortless and takes little time.
Q: What is the difference between a universal insert and custom machine insert quilting cabinets?
A: Some quilting cabinets have openings that are made to fit almost all the sewing machines available in the market. They are said to have a universal machine insert. On the other hand, there are those that are designed to fit a particular model or machine. They are the ones said to have a custom machine insert.
Q: How should I care for my quilting cabinet?
A: Since prevention is better than cure, the first thing is to protect your cabinet against liquids. That includes juice, alcohol, and water among other beverages. That’s because they are capable of destroying it regardless of the material of the surface. When it comes to cleaning, vacuuming it is a great option. When doing it, use a simple brush attachment, and you can rest assured that it will deliver. In the case of oil spillage which is common given the operation of the machine, you can use a damp cloth to do the cabinet the justice it deserves. As far as smoothening the surface is concerned, simply use a soft cloth. It removes dust and smudges. As a result, you will get a top with a shiny gloss.
With such an article, it is a sure bet that one will settle for a great quilting cabinet. That is regardless of whether you are a newbie or an expert. Don’t forget that buying one is an investment like any other and should, therefore, be done wisely. Fortunately, the above discussion when help you achieve precisely that. The options above with not let you down and are worth every penny. That’s because extensive research was carried out and the findings were used in the compilation of the recommendations. Therefore, do not hesitate to consider them. As for the buying guide, it is a perfect way to break the tie between two or more of the best quilting cabinets above. Knowledge is power, and you now have it. Use it to take your quilting to a whole new level.
Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts contain affiliate links, where we may receive compensation for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for trusting our site!