Quilting and embroidery are some of those fun, creative activities that could keep you up for long without you noticing the long hours and time you put into it. So, we can call it art because the results produce a craft of both fabrics and stitches put together to make a masterpiece.
However, many people and new quitters fail to use the right sewing machine for these crafts. In some cases, people tend to use the standard or regular sewing machine to create something unique as these two combinations. What a lot of quitters do not know is that a regular sewing machine may not do the job of both quilting and embroidery.
Imagine using a traditional machine to create a modernized pattern and design on your fabric. What do you think will happen? Of course, you will not achieve the desired effect. Your stitches may look rough and the patterns you embroider may not be what you aim for. This is why you need the best sewing machine to quilt and embroider.
BEST QUILTING AND EMBROIDERY SEWING MACHINE REVIEWS – BUYING GUIDE – HOW TO CARE
Table of Contents
- 1 BEST QUILTING AND EMBROIDERY SEWING MACHINE REVIEWS – BUYING GUIDE – HOW TO CARE
- 2 Best Quilting and Embroidery Sewing Machine Reviews
- 2.1 1. Brother PQ1500Sl Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 2.2 2. Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Portable Sewing Machine
- 2.3 3. Heureux Computerized and Quilting Sewing Machine
- 2.4 4. Juki TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 2.5 5. Janome 4120QDC Computerized Sewing Machine
- 3 Buying Guide – Features of a Good Quilting and Embroidery Sewing Machine – How to Care
- 4 Caring For Your Quilting and Embroidery Machine
- 5 FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) on Best Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
- 5.1 Can any of these machines work for both quilting and embroidery?
- 5.2 Isn’t quilting and embroidery the same? Why differentiate them?
- 5.3 Which is the best quilting and embroidery machine for a beginner?
- 5.4 Do I need to protect my computerized machine from static electricity?
- 5.5 How much does each piece of equipment cost
- 6 Final Thoughts
Quilting and Embroidery Sewing Machines: What They Are?
An embroidery machine is a piece of equipment used to draw or design patterns on a piece of fabric. This machine patterns on fabrics using the decorative stitching technique, diverse and numerous colors, and stitch patterns to make a creative design. On the other hand, a quilting machine helps you create designs using thread and fabric. However, to lower the cost, of buying both tools, many brands make machines with both features.
The best sewing machine for both quilting and embroidery should have the following functionalities:
- A unique design-import method where you can send designs from a computer to the machine.
- In cases where you do not want to upload any design, the best quilting and embroidery machine should also have an inbuilt design and font. So, all you have to do is to purchase it and start crafting.
- Additionally, the best machine should be easy to operate, especially when you want to switch between the quilting and embroidery features.
As such, it will make completing work faster. But don’t think this is all the work the best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery should do. If that’s what you’re thinking, you will be shocked to know that there’s more in store for you. However, before we fully dive into the features your machine should have, it is necessary to know the type of machine to buy because this is where you have much work in store for you.
Every quilt and embroider machine may have its own brand marketing, stating they are the best. But are you sure of getting the best value for your money when you buy these machines? As much as this may be a serious concern, you don’t have to worry because I have got you covered. In this article, I have compiled some of the best sewing machines and their reviews on their functions.
So, whether you’re a newbie in these crafts or a professional and need to shop for your machine, this post will help you make the best selection for your work. All you need do, read along with me!
Best Quilting and Embroidery Sewing Machine Reviews
This sewing machine is one of the high-built products of Brother, one of the most notable names in the machine industry. Unsurprisingly, Brother Keeps up to their reputation on this baby with its high-speed, quality construction, ease of use, and reliable features.
Made explicitly to meet the expert need, this machine has a superb sewing speed of 1500 stitches every minute, an automatic needle threading system, and a jam-resistant drop-in top bobbin that makes sewing convenient. Also, this machine has a unique adjustable pin feed system that can sew any kind of material, especially the thick ones.
Included in this package is a removable seven sewing feet knee-lifter, which helps you sew without putting your hands on the machine, and a LED light that helps you see even in darkness. If you are a professional quilter, you do not want to miss getting this fine equipment because it’s the surest way to make your work smooth and easy.
- High-end construction but easy to operate
- Sews at a high speed
- LED light works perfectly for night vision
- A great choice for an experienced user
- Slightly weighty
- Not suitable for beginners
Whether you are in search of a computerized quilting and embroidery machine or not and you find this piece of equipment, hurry and grab one! Designed by Singer, a leading brand in the industrial machine market, this machine is the best bet to drive more creativity from you.
This beginner sewing equipment comes with 600 stitch designs, 13 built-in buttonholes, a one-touch stitch button, a built-in, and automatic needle threader, and many other accessories. It also comes with an expandable table and a twin-needle design for easy sewing.
One unique feature it comes with is its large selection of design stitches including decorative stitches. To top it all, it has different fonts you can choose from to personalize your pieces.
- Comes with an extension table that provides a large working area
- Comes with two LED light that enables optimal viewing.
- Easy to operate
- Has a touchscreen display to select stitches for sewing.
- Works exceptionally for both beginners and expert users
- Slightly on the high side
- Does not have a protective casing
Today, Heureux is fast rising to be one of the top and renowned sewing machine brands. One thing Heureux boosts is its high-quality build and construction. You may not know this but this computerized and quilting machine can perform some amazing functions and most especially, it is well suited for everyone, be it an experienced tailor or not.
To start with, it has 200 built-in stitches unique to it, 8 automatic buttonhole styles, and 100 alphanumeric stitches. But, that’s not all. If you are looking for a machine that has a strong and sturdy metal frame, this guy is your go-to as it comes with a heavy-duty, aluminum alloy metal frame that protects it from damage. It is also designed with a well-lit LCD for good reading and various sewing accessories that keeps your work going.
But most of all, it does not make loud noise during operation and is lightweight. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced user, this machine is a great fit for you.
- Easy to operate control panels
- Coms with a jam-proof bobbin mechanism
- Various accessories to complete projects
- Excellent function buttons
- Noise resistant
- Has sharp parts that can be harmful
- Does not come with a cover
If you’re looking for a machine ideal for gifting, this Juki TL-2000Qi machine will be the best fit for you. It comes with a speed controller, stitches at a speed of 1500 per minute, has an automatic needle threader attached to it. The best part, it allows optimal viewing capacity with its high-quality LED light that covers your sight.
Likewise, this machine is designed with an aluminum die-cast arm that allows for low vibration when working on the system and does not make loud noises. Do you think that’s all? Well, it is not! To make quilting projects easier and faster, and to create a wider working area, this Juki specialty model has an extension table attached to it. What more can the best machine ask for if not this genius of a machine.
- Comes with an extended table for a quilting project
- High stitching speed
- Optimal viewing LED lighting system
- It has an aluminum die-cast arm that enables low vibration
- Does not make excessive noise
- Slightly on the large side
- It may not work well for beginners
Find that perfect home machine for your sewing purposes in this limited Janome design. One of the best sellers, Janome fuses a mass of high-tech and quality features into this homey sewing machine.
With its 120 built-in sewing stitches and alphabets, you have an endless possibility of sewing and designing any piece you choose. It also comes with an easy to operate control panel, LCD screen, a jam-proof bobbin mechanism, and a set of function buttons to make for a convenient project.
Additionally, it comes with an amazing number of sewing accessories like an extension table, hardcover, and many others to help you create that masterpiece you desire.
- Comes with an anti-jamming bobbin system
- Exceptional function buttons
- Brightly-lit LCD screen
- Various accessories for your project
- Perfect built-in stitches for creating quality pieces
- A bit pricy
- Has a low stitching speed
Buying Guide – Features of a Good Quilting and Embroidery Sewing Machine – How to Care
What to Consider When Buying the Best Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
Do you need a good machine that can quilt and embroider various patterns on your fabric? Well, to get their best, you need to put the features your machine will require as a top priority, as this is the only way to get the right sewing equipment for you. Agreeably, everybody’s needs vary. But in this case, the only thing to watch out for in these features is “high-quality.” Consider the following;
- Throat space: This feature ensures that you can easily roll-up the quilt whether small or large.
- Stretchy Table: This table helps you hold bulky quilts so that you can sew with ease.
- Feeds Dog: Some models come with a spiky metal feeds dog that helps you move the fabric easily on your machine. However, this feature is not overly important.
- Quilting Stitches: Most models come with a quilting stitch that makes quilting easier.
- Thread cutter: An in-built thread cutter will always make the sewing process easy for you. All you need to do is click and your thread goes off.
- Embroidery Area: a defining embroidery feature is its space. you do not want to have to divide your design and fabric. So, having this feature will keep your work running without any loopholes.
- Built-in fonts and designs: These goodies make embroidery a convenient and easy craft.
- Cable connectivity: With cable connections, you can easily send a design from your smartphone or computer to your machine.
- Wireless connectivity: Although not all models have this feature, it comes in handy, especially when you are a techie.
- Flash drive port: In cases where the wireless and cable connection does not suit your need, this feature is there to keep your work running.
Ease of operating both features
Another thing to consider when buying your quilt and embroider sewing machine is its ability to switch between the features when working. This feature is hinged on the presser foot. When you work and want to change from quilting to embroidery, you will need to switch the presser foot to that of the embroidery foot. Many sewing tools make this process a chore. So, if you want to shop for your machine, ensure that you check if you can easily switch between the two.
Every quilting and embroidery machine should be able to edit any mistakes made when designing. However, many models do not have this feature. So, when shopping for your sewing equipment, consider this feature as it will go a long way to make your work easier.
Caring For Your Quilting and Embroidery Machine
Now that you know the features to consider when buying your sewing machine, you will want to ensure that when you buy them, you can give them proper care and maintenance. Moreover, they may cost a fortune and you do not want them to damage. So, let’s find out how to care for our machines.
Keep in Mint Condition with a Dust Cover
Dust is one thing that you cannot avoid as it is natural. As a result, it becomes necessary to cover your equipment after use. Doing so ensures that dust does not congregate in tight corners that may cause the breakdown of your machine.
Use Quality Needles and threads
This may sound odd as it looks like a basic need. But, did you know that using a poor-quality thread and needle can damage the machine? A poor-quality needle may cause your machine to erode. So, go for a high-end needle and thread.
Just like every other mechanical object, sewing machines need frequent oiling to ensure an efficient working machine and not one that is stuck.
Remove Broken Pieces of Needle
When you leave a broken piece of a needle in your machine, it may harm the body and leave your equipment damages. As a rule, when the needle breaks, make sure to take it off!
Cleaning the machine regularly will ensure that dust does not accumulate, thereby making it get old quickly. But to do this, take off the needle, use a lint-free towel and clean the nooks of the machine. Then, cover after cleaning.
FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) on Best Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
Can any of these machines work for both quilting and embroidery?
Yes, this entire machine can effectively carry out both quilting and embroidery functions as they are particularly designed to cover this need.
Isn’t quilting and embroidery the same? Why differentiate them?
Now, they are entirely two individual concepts and carry out different functions. Quilting is when you create a design using thread and fabrics. On the other hand, embroidery is the art of using decorative stitches, various colors, and stitch patterns to create a masterpiece.
Which is the best quilting and embroidery machine for a beginner?
All these pieces of equipment are a great pick for a beginner tailor. However, the Brother PQ150051 machinery does not fit this category as it is solely designed with an experienced user in mind.
Do I need to protect my computerized machine from static electricity?
Yes, you need to take care of static electricity at home as it may leave a shocking effect when you touch the machinery. Before working, touch your table first to ensure safety.
How much does each piece of equipment cost
The price of your machinery will depend solely on the brand. While some are low-cost and affordable, others are quite expensive but will give you a better value for your money.
And that’s it! The best sewing machine for quilting and embroidery reviews. With this article, you should be able to efficiently pick what machine bests suit your projects. Getting these combo machines ensures that you save money instead of buying both pieces of equipment separately.
Nevertheless, every quilting and embroidering model comes with its own unique feature that serves various purposes. It could be difficult to pick one as the features are quite similar. To make shopping easier, I have highlighted and keyed in my information on the model’s distinct features, durability, quality, and performance. This way, you do not sit on the fence when shopping.
So, whether you are a beginner or an experienced user and are shopping for your quilting and embroidery sewing machine, this review will come in handy.
Disclaimer: Please note, we do not publish sponsored posts. However, our posts contain affiliate links, where we may receive compensation for any purchases you make. This does not affect the price you pay. Thanks for trusting our site!